SMART HOMES INTRODUCTION
1) Data Check to be carried out (follow procedure 60), update all the information from the customer
2) At the end of the call please introduce the Smart Homes Project as below:-
About our Project
We are looking for volunteers to help us with a free trial, to test out how we can use data from people’s homes to help our local health and care organisations keep residents comfortable, safe, well and independent in their own homes.
We’re starting a free trial with a product which we think could make a big difference for people. It’s a sensor which goes in your home and sends back some data to tell us:
- if you’re moving around okay at home
- how warm your house is
- how humid your house is – how much moisture is in the air
You already have a community alarm unit, this sensor works on its own, if you need to get help at any time you should continue to use your alarm in the usual way by pressing your pendant or alarm unit.
About the sensors?
The sensors send the data automatically to our servers, so there is no need for you to do anything.
If we detect a lack of movement, or certain levels of temperature or moisture, for more than 24 hours: - we will contact the person you have told us is your primary contact (someone who is in regular contact with you, such as a family member or carer) to let them know the sensor has been activated, or if you haven’t got a person who we can contact, the community alarm team to contact you to check how you are getting on and if you need any support with your day to day care needs.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE SENSORS
- They are about the size of a matchbox
- They are silent – so you won’t hear any noise.
- They have a small light on the front. This light will glow sometimes, to show that it is sending us the data we need.
- They are CE certified, which is the European standard for product safety
- There are two sensors. We will put one in your bedroom and one in the main room you use during the day.
- They don’t use any electricity so there is no cost to you. The sensors are battery powered. The batteries won’t need changing as they will last for the duration of this trial (approx. 6 months).
- The sensors will not affect internet, Wifi or any other appliances in your home.
- We will fit them and remove them at the end of the trial (approx. 6 months)
- You won’t need to operate them, there is nothing you need to do.
- They are attached to the wall by a small adhesive pad, they won’t make a mess after it has been removed.
- The installation should take no more than 15 minutes
About your data?
Manchester City Council will use your data to help us and partner organisations to develop a new service to help keep people safe and well in their homes. This is the only purpose we will use your data for. It will only be used by the council. We will only share statistical data with partners.
*Note – if the customer agrees to take part in the trial, make an appointment which will be suitable for them using the appointment sheet provided. Once you have made the appointment write the appointment in the Daily Handover Diary (on the day and time it is due to take place) in Control so staff are aware of it.